Led by: Roy Clark, Managing Director and Founder, Clarkhouse Human Capital
7 September 2017
The age of digital disruption is changing the way we think, work and manage human capital within finance teams. The typical finance career path is more fluid than ever. Today, talent is staying more connected, informed and open to new opportunities throughout their professional lives. The human talent equation is getting very complicated and we need to look at a number of trends relevant to South Africa such as:
- Generational changes that are in play, i.e. Millennials and Gen Z are shifting the thinking in purpose and flexibility
- Transformation pressures and how to effectively capture and nurture the amazing talent in our country
- The introduction of new cognitive technologies (big data, smart algorithms) that are displacing workers and reengineering work, forcing companies to redesign jobs to incorporate new technology solutions
- The struggling economy and the impact that this has on company and budgets
- The rise of the collaboration economy and the move towards the freelance or gig economy
- Crowd sourcing or crowd swarming and how they impact human capital practices
The fact is that current human capital resource practices are struggling to adapt to this new era, Organizations today must navigate a “new world of work”—one that requires a dramatic change in strategies for leadership, talent, and human resources. During this webinar, our expert presenter will discuss:
- Understanding Human Capital trends
- How to challenge existing people practices and think with a future-focused mind-set
- How to evaluate and manage people and engage and develop (learning science) teams and individuals
- How to innovate within your talent pool
- Future-focused recruiting techniques (building that talent pipe line)
Roy Clark, Managing Director and Founder, Clarkhouse Human Capital
Roy Clark is a passionate human capital strategist, keynote speaker,moderator and entrepreneur. His has extensive experience in human capital methodologies, and search services to international blue-chip clients as well as boutique banking, financial services organisations.
Mr. Clark is the founder of ClarkHouse Human Capital – a Human Capital Business Enabler. He is the driving force behind the ClarkHouse Core Purpose which aims 'To Rise by Lifting Others'. The latter phrase summarises the company’s ethos.
Other areas of expertise include advising non-profit organisations and helping upcoming entrepreneurs on leadership and strategy.