Why CFO Talks™
CFO Talks™ is devoted to sharing ideas and conversations between CFOs. A platform which facilitates insightful and powerful talks relevant to CFOs, CFO Talks™ is an initiative between IAFEI, UNISA SBL, CIMA and SAIBA. Through our network, we are able to source and connect knowledgeable thought leaders with the CFO community, covering all issues affecting the CFO including business, social, technical and global issues.
CFO Talks™ is a fast-tracked learning experience for CFOs.
A continual conversation amongst peers and experts ensures that the CFO is kept updated in terms of changes in the business world and s/he can therefore react more quickly in a very competitive environment. CFO Talks™ delivers this continual conversation by offering webinars, face-to-face networking events, online videos and interviews and CFO-specific conferences.
A committee of experts meets quarterly to dissect and analyze trends and developments affecting the finance function. This is supported by surveys and interviews with peer groups to discover and develop topics that excite and illuminate. Our committee carefully selects and evaluates options for presenters to ensure a meaningful discussion. This approach guarantees delegate satisfaction and heightens receptiveness to messages delivered by advertisers and sponsors.
A few facts about CFO Talks™:
- We co-publish the CFO Talks™ magazine with ITWeb
- We are the learning and development platform for CFOs in Africa
- We organize or host 100+ webinars each year, some of which are included in our CFO Webinar Subscription service.
- We host the annual CFO Africa Congress.
- We host six CFO Talks™ face-to-face events each year.
- We are owned by SAIBA - the custodian of the official CFO(SA) designation.
CFO Talks™ has access to the following partner audience:
- CFO Talks database of more than 5 000 finance executives.
- IAFEI. 22 000 finance executives in 22 countries. SAIBA is the first African professional body of accountants to join the International Association of Financial Executives Institutes (IAFEI). IAFEI is a private, non-profit and non-political association of Financial Executives Institutes from all over the world. Founded in 1969, IAFEI currently has 22 Member Institutes in the Americas, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa with a total membership of over 22 000 financial executives. Through SAIBA, CFO Talks™ has access to these member bodies.
- SAIBA is a voluntary accounting membership body with more than 6 500 members. Members fall into different membership tiers according to experience and qualifications. SAIBA offers three designations leading up to its top designation for finance executives: BA(SA) for junior accountants, CBA(SA) for financial managers and CFO(SA) for finance executives. SAIBA promotes CFO Talks™ on its website and via www.accountingweekly.com, its weekly newsletter.
- UNISA SBL. The UNISA Graduate School of Business Leadership is one of the top business schools in South Africa. Since its inception, the SBL has produced more than a third of all the MBL/MBA degrees awarded by South African universities.
- CIMA is the world’s leading, and largest, professional body of management accountants. CIMA’s unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident CGMAs who can lead their organisations to sustainable success.