JOIN US FOR THE CFO WORLD CONGRESS 2021
16 NOVEMBER – 23 NOVEMBER 2021
CFO WORLD CONGRESS 2021
The IMEF National Convention and the 51st IAFEI World Congress is an event organized by the Mexican Institute of Finance Executives, AC (IMEF) in collaboration with the International Association of Institutes of Finance Executives (IAFEI).
The event will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Mexico City and will also be accessible via the Internet.
A fundamental issue on the global public agenda is that national economies have been transformed in recent years due to COVID19, Lockdown, Industry 4.0, Sustainability and Empowerment drives.
In the scenario of economic reactivation and in the post-pandemic era, what should be the components of a successful economy for emerging markets like Mexico and South Africa.
At the IMEF 2021 Convention, we will discuss alternatives that allow us to consolidate a structural capacity for high, sustained and inclusive economic growth.
CFO WORLD CONGRESS 2021 AGENDA
Click here to view the detailed agenda. Venue: Mexico City Hyatt Hotel.
Topics to be discussed:
- Recent evolution of the Mexican economy and structural capacity for growth
- Social impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Collaboration and Dialogue for a New Economy
- Activities Professional Association IMEF
- World Bank Economic Vision
- Designing the Future: Financial Inclusion in the Digital World
- Behavioural economics and the new normal: what lessons should we learn
- Accountability, transparency and oversight: Relevance for Economic Development
- Designing the Future: Financial Inclusion in the Digital World
- The New Rules of Business: Creating Real Value in a Changing World
- Vision of the private initiative for the future of the Mexican economy
- Investing in Mexico: Foreign Investment Perspective
- Foreign Trade and the Future of North America
- Border Security and Economic Development
- International Research Prize IMEF – EY
- The role of Banco de México in the future of the Mexican economy
- Financial Architecture in the New Economy
- Women’s economic empowerment and economic growth
- Sustainability, climate change and green finance
- Gala Dinner
Speakers and panellists include:
- Carlos de la Fuente , President of the XLIX IMEF National Convention President of IAFEI Ángel García-Lascurain , IMEF National President Tatiana Clouthier, Secretary of Economy
- Jonathan Heath,Deputy Governor, Banco de México, Gabriela Siller , Director of Economic Analysis, Grupo Financiero Base, Mtra. Valeria Moy , Managing Director, IMCO, Dr. Carlos Capistrán , Managing Director – Head Canada and Mexico Economics, Bank Of America Securities, Dr. David Kaplan , Lead Specialist in Labor Markets Labor Markets and Social Security Division, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Prof. Mariana Campos , Coordinator of the Public Expenditure and Accountability Program, Mexico Evaluates, Gabriel Casillas, President of the National Technical Committee for Economic Studies of IMEF and Deputy General Director of Economic Analysis and Investor Relations of Grupo Financiero Banorte
- Nora Lustig, Professor of Latin American Economics and Founding Director of the Commitment to Equity Institute at Tulane University, New Orleans. Non-resident Senior Fellow of the Brookings Institution, the Center for Global Development and the Inter-American Dialogue in Washington, DC. Edna Jaime , General Director, Mexico Evaluates, Roberto Vélez, Executive Director of the Espinosa Yglesias Economic Studies Center, Julio Santaella , President of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography, INEGI José Nabor Cruz Marcelo,
Executive Secretary of CONEVAL, Sofía Ramírez , General Director, Mexico, How Are We Going?
- Adam Kahane, Director of Reos Partners. A leading organizer, designer and facilitator of processes through which business, government and civil society leaders can work together to address challenges, Ricardo Raphael , Journalist, political analyst, academic and writer who works as host of the programs Espiral and # Calle11, of Once TV México, There is no common place in ADN 40 and is a columnist for the daily Milenio Diario and the weekly Process. Since 2017 he is General Director of the Tlatelolco University Cultural Center (UNAM).
- Carmen Reinhart, Vice President and First Economist. World Bank Group, Federico Rubli , Vice President of the Economic Studies Committee.
- Mike Froman, Vice Chairman of the Board and President of Strategic Growth, Mastercard
- Kelly Peters, CEO and Co-Founder of Beworks: The Science of Behavior Change
- Agustín Caso Raphael, Special Performance Auditor, Superior Audit of the Federation (ASF), Victoria Márquez-Mees , Managing Director – Director of Responsibility, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Pedro Haas, Director of Advisory Services, Hartree Partners LP
Guillermo García Alcocer , Academic at ITAM
Montserrat Ramiro Ximeno , President of the Network of Economic Regulators of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Marcial Díaz , President of the National Energy Technical Committee
- Judy Samuelson, Vice President of the Aspen Institute, Founder and Executive Director of the Business and Society Program, Nelly Molina, Vice President of Investor Relations for Sempra Energy. Former National President of IMEF
- Carlos Salazar Lomelín, President of the Business Coordinating Council, Antonio Del Valle Perochena , President of the Mexican Business Council, José Medina Mora Icaza , President of the Employers’ Confederation of the Mexican Republic
Daniel Becker Feldman , President of the Association of Banks of Mexico, Francisco Cervantes Díaz , President of the Confederation of Industrial Chambers Ángel García-Lascurain , National President of IMEF
- Claudia Jañez, Independent Director of HSBC México, Gis and IDEAL. He was president of Dupont for Latin America and of the Council of Global Companies in Mexico, Tania Ortiz , General Director of IEnova, Francisco Garza , President and General Director of General Motors, Luis Manuel Hernández , President of the National Council of the Maquiladora and Manufacturing Industry of Export (INDEX)
- Luz María de la Mora Sánchez, Undersecretary of Foreign Trade
Brian Kingston , Canadian Vehicle Manufacturers’ Association (CVMA), Luis de la Calle , Director of CMM Consultoría, Minister of Commercial Affairs of the Embassy of Mexico in the USA.
- Alan Bersin, Executive President Altana AI. I have served as Commissioner of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). He previously served as Assistant Secretary for International Affairs in the Department of Homeland Security and Special Representative for Border Affairs. Verónica Ortiz Ortega , Political analyst and former director of the Mexican Council for International Affairs (COMEXI). He is part of the National Committee for Economic Studies of the IMEF and of the Technical Advisory Council of the Center for Economic Studies of the Private Sector (CEESP / CCE) belonging to the Business Coordinating Council.
- Guest of Honor: Alejandro Díaz de León, Governor of the Bank of Mexico.
- James Barth, Scholar in Finance at Auburn University, Senior Fellow of the Milken Institute, and Fellow of the Wharton Financial Institutions Center. He has been a visiting scholar at the United States Congressional Budget Office, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the World Bank.
Mario Correa , Vice President of the Economic Studies Committee
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO. Women´s World Banking, Adriana Berrocal , President of the IMEF Advisory Council
- Antonina Ivanova, Professor-researcher in the Department of Economics of the Autonomous University of Baja California Sur. Member of the National System of Researchers and member of the Mexican Academy of Sciences. Co-awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007, Rafael Del Villar Alrich , Advisory Director to the Governor on Sustainability and Climate Change issues, Banco de México, José Oriol Bosch, CEO Grupo BMV, Ms. Solitaire Townsend , Chief Solucionist & Co – Founder Futerra, José Antonio Quesada Palacios , Vice President of Regulatory Policy of the National Banking and Securities Commission
CFO WORLD CONGRESS 2021 TOUR PACKAGE
SAIBA is a members of IAFEI and has been invited by IMEF to represent the Africa delegation at the congress. CFOTalks is a brand of SAIBA and is the lead or organising the tour.
We are arranging a tour packages for 30 finance executives. Details are being finalised.
Tour package (Mexico City and Cancun)
16 November 2021 – 23 November 2021
- 16 Nov – Depart SA to Mexico City
- 17 Nov – Arrive Mexico City
- 18 Nov – Attend conference at Hyatt Mexico City
- 19 Nov – Attend conference at Hyatt Mexico City
- 20 Nov – Tour Mexico City/Surrounds (Ruins, Museums and City)
- 20 Nov – Fly (Late afternoon) to Cancun
- 21 Nov – Beach Cancun
- 22 Nov – Beach Cancun
- 23 Nov – Tour Cancun (half day) (Ruins, Museums and City)
- 23 Nov – Return flights to SA
Tour packages to include visits to Mexico City and Cancun
CFO WORLD CONGRESS 2021 TRAVEL, VISA AND COVID19 REQUIREMENTS
This Pre-registration form allows you to formally register your participation in the SAIBA CFO World Congress Tour from 16 November 2021 – 23 November 2021.
The Tour includes attending the Congress as well as our tour program. View the congress website here.
The official congress is from 18 November 2021 – 19 November 2021. The Tour departs 16 November 2021 and returns 23 November 2021.
- Tour Operators: Tourvest, Thompsons, and Flight Centre have been asked for quotes and are being finalised.
- Estimated cost: We estimate the cost to be +-R39 000.
- Deposit: R10 000 payable now as a deposit to secure your booking.
- LImited seats: The Tour is lImited to 30 delegates.
- Refunds: We are aware that Lockdown restrictions may affect our plans and hence will make sure that the Tour Operator includes insurance to refund flight cancellations.
- Refunds: We also recommend that you obtain travel insurance from Hollard to cover all cancellation-related costs. Click here to obtain travel insurance.
- COVD19: If you are traveling to Mexico, you will not be required to take a pre‑departure COVID‑19 PCR test but you must complete the traveler information form upon arrival. There are no COVID‑19 test requirements for entry to Mexico. However SAIBA requires that all tour participants must obtain a negative PCT Test at least 72 hours prior to departure. All passengers must complete a health declaration form by registering on the Vuela Seguro website upon arrival in Mexico. Once completed it will generate a QR code. Click here to read more.
- VISA: You are responsible to organise and apply for your own VISA to enter Mexico and for ensuring you obtain valid COVID PCR tests prior to departure. Click here to read more.
- IMEF Invitation letter: Download the IMEF Conference inviation letter and the Convention Agenda here.